PRINCE WILLIAM COUNTY, VA — One restaurant in the Manassas area was cited with violations during a recent inspection from the Prince William County Health Department. The location, Zam Zam Kabob House, was inspected on Dec. 15.
Though some coronavirus restrictions continue to fluctuate around the state, health inspectors are returning to conduct many restaurant inspections in person. However, some visits, such as those for training purposes, can be conducted virtually.
Violations at restaurants typically focus on factors that can contribute to food contamination. The local health department can also perform a re-inspection to ensure that possible violations have been corrected.
For every observed violation, the inspector provides a specific corrective action that can be completed to rectify the violation. Sometimes these are simple, and violations can be corrected during the course of the inspection. Other violations are addressed later, and an inspector may conduct a follow-up inspection to ensure compliance.
Here is the most recent restaurant inspection from the Manassas area, according to the Prince William Health District.
- Zam Zam Kabob House, 9091 Mathis Avenue Suite 101 Manassas, VA 20110
- Date inspected: Dec. 15
- Total corrective actions: 10
- Note: This was a pre-opening inspection, and the facility was approved to serve food to the public.
- Install a paper towel dispenser at the kitchen handwashing sink station
- Replace the kitchen area ceiling tiles with smooth, durable, non-absorbent, and easily cleanable (i.e. washable vinyl-faced ceiling tiles) tiles.
- Provide at least 50 foot candles (540 lux) of light at the kitchen all surface where a food employee is working with food or working with utensils or equipment such as knives, slicers, grinders, or saws where employee safety is a factor.
- Replace all kitchen ceiling dead light bulbs
- Repair or replace the walk in freezer door
- Clean all kitchen and employee toilet room floors, walls and doors
- Repair the employee toilet room walls
- Remove and discard all unused equipment, trash and other unnecessary items from the back of the food establishment
- Relocate the chest freezer electrical line; it should not be installed on the floor.
- Relocate the used grease container. The outdoor grease container surface storage shall be constructed of a non-absorbent material such as concrete or asphalt and shall be smooth, durable, and sloped to drain.
The following locations were visited by the health department for routine or pre-opening inspections, but did not have any violations recorded.